Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A late Monday Menu

So I haven't posted a recipe in a few weeks and so I will start with that. Tonight we are having the sweet and sour chicken that I mentioned in a few posts below and sometimes when I make chinese food I make yum yum sauce for the rice. If you have never been to a japenese restaurant and tried the sauce it is amazeballs. Did I just say amazeballs? Gross...I hate it when people say that. Okay...so anyways my sister gave me this recipe a few years ago and it has been a staple in my house for a while. When I tell people I can make it they usually just roll their eyes at me but when they try it I usually give them that "yea, IN YO FACE"! look because they love it. Enough talking here's the recipe....tweak it to however you like because some like it a little sweeter some don't. This is a recipe that you can definitely change up. Here ya go!


1-1/4 cupHellmann's mayonnaise-Yes it has to be Hellmann's. And no lowfat, nonfat, reduced fat versions. The good ol' tried and true full fat version is what ya need!
1/4 cupwater
1 teaspoontomato paste
1 tablespoonmelted butter
1/2 teaspoongarlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar-use a little more...little less...taste as ya go!
1/4 teaspoonpaprika
A dash of cayenne pepper-I use a little more about 1/2tsp because I like things spicy. 






Okay here is what ya do. Whisk everything together and refigerate over night. Let me stress YOU HAVE TO LET IT REFIGERATE. It will not taste right if you don't. I usually keep it in a tupperware container in the fridge and it keeps for about a week. Let me know what ya think!





No comments:

Post a Comment