Monday, December 21, 2015

30 Things To Do Before I'm 30. Part 1

I will be 30 next year y'all...How is that even possible? It really seems like just yesterday I was 18 and starting college thinking 30 was forever away. If you're young and reading this...trust me..it's not. Not that 30 is old. I refuse to have that mind set. I keep telling myself that I'm growing up not growing old. Yes being an adult is tiresome at times. Bills, responsibilities and just day to day tasks can get you down easily but I don't think I would go back to being 21 year old Heather for a minute. Okay, maybe for a day so I could stop myself from making a stupid decision here or there (I'm talkin' about you STUDENT LOANS!) but really I enjoy my life right now. I am married to my high school sweetheart and the best man I know, my children are fabulous (most days) and I have a roof over my head and food on the table. LIFE IS GREAT! However, with 30 being such a huge milestone I have compiled a list of 30 things to do before I'm 30. Hopefully next year I can say that I have accomplished these things or atleast made a good attempt.

30. Master the winged eye. Seriously, don't laugh at me. If you know me at all you know how much I love all things makeup and skincare. And I cannot get a nice crisp winged eye to save my life. I'm not talking Amy Winehouse winged eye. Just a nice, sexy looking winged eye. That's all a girl truly wants.
 
 
29. Conquer a fear. If you ask anyone who knows me what my biggest fears are then they would (should) tell you snakes and closed spaces terrify me. One time a snake got in our house when William and I first got married and when he told me a snake was in our house I literally almost passed out. Everything got dark and the room started spinning. I waited in the car until he got rid of the snake. That's my man! However, that same man when we were in college decided to really test my fear of tight spaces and pushed me into an elevator. I went 10 kinds of crazy on him.
 
28. Donate my hair for a cause. I love short hair. It just looks better on me. I don't buy in to the long hair is pretty hair thing. Life is too short to have blahh hair. However if I am going to grow it out I would like for it to be for a cause. Right now my hair is the longest it has been in a long time. I am trying not to color it or do anything to it. This will probably be one that I struggle with.
 
27. Learn to sew. My friends are probably laughing at this. I am very impatient and to me learning to sew is something that requires patience (because I have tried to learn several times).
 
26. Sleepover somewhere "haunted". Who wants to stay the night at Waverly Hills with me.
 
25. Go on an all girls trip. Girls, lets get it in the works!
 
24. Climb a mountain. Not Mount Everest or anything but I love to be outside and I love to go hiking and so I WILL do this in 2016.
 
23. Sleep under the stars. I have asked my husband to take me camping numerous times but bless his heart he's to pretty for that. Maybe his sister and I will go. We can knock out 25, 24 and 23 in one weekend!
 
22. Go bungee jumping or sky diving. Just being a little over a year from back surgery and still having complications this is something I have to look into but if I can do it..IT WILL HAPPEN!
 
21. Say good bye to people who bring me down. I find myself becoming discouraged with the same people often. Not people who do bad things per say, but people who are selfish and just bring negativity. You're out. ONTO POSITIVITY!
 
20. Get another tattoo. If you looked at me you wouldn't think I already have two.
 
19. Smile more. Seriously. This is a goal of mine. Not that I am not a happy person but I have RBF bad and get asked more often than not what's wrong. I'm not mad...IT'S JUST MY FACE.
 
18. Try a new sport. My husband seriously asked me if I wanted disc golf stuff for Christmas. Uhhhh, no thanks..I'm thinking while vacationing take surf lessons.
 
17. Learn to play an instrument. I'm thinking guitar. I need to get little Chip lessons while I'm at it.
 
16. Take a cooking class. I think I am decent in the kitchen but there is always room for improvement. One of my best friends mom is a talented chef and so is my brother in law so really I have no excuses. Check out her website!
 
15. Get back into shape. This is something I have been really working on since March. While I am only down 27lbs since then slow and steady wins the race.
 
Well that's it for right now. Hopefully this time next year I can cross all or most of these things off the list. They may not seem like much to some but I wanted to set goals that were attainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment